Monday 6 April 2020

Pink Camellias 2020


Looking at photographing or presenting every image in black and white and colour. I'm lacking to vocabulary to write about what and why I am choosing images.

I like black and white for its clean simplicity without the distractions or added ideas colour brings.
I like colour for being able to present the ideas that colour brings.

These Camellias are very bold and pink and extra frilly like Barbara Cartland.  I wanted the colours to be saturated like I see them but softened so they aren't quite so brash. They remind me of 1950s floral dress prints.

I prefer the more perfectly formed blush pink variety I first photographed and the romance they portrayed.

One of the reasons I don't really like talking about the photographs is because its difficult not to sound pretentious!