Tuesday 18 August 2020

Neon Tulle Light Experimenting

making neon light alexandra king

making neon light alexandra king

I was working in the studio making these delicate tulle straps for a dress I'm working on and simply rolled it up to see what it would look like in  photograph as a sculptural shape. 
This was in the back corner of a well lit room, not bright light and the surface is a rough painted metallic silver. Not shiny. 

I photograph most things dark, reading light off the brightest part of the subject. These were taken with a 50mm Canon Lens, f/10  1/50 shutter iso 800  and darkend by -12/3
I then upped the blacks in lightroom but it was already glowing in the original. Its a pretty effective way to make neon light if I can do it again. 


making neon light photograph alexandra king

making neon light alexandra king