Thursday 13 August 2020

Tulle

tulle skirt photographed by alexandra king
 
I am feeling more inspired at the moment by photography than the dresses. They are almost becoming a vehicle for the photography. I tend to find new inspiration a distraction from what I am working on when it gets to the hard part of finishing the piece. Ideas are very easy but seeing it through to a finished body of work which may never pay the bills is hard. 
At the moment I need to see things through till the end of the year, maybe in 5 years time I could become a photographer if I put the work in. 

I am trying to produce an image a day of my fashion work to make days books which may help me engage more with this side of my work. I am so incredibly lucky and privileged to be able to work for myself creatively every day. Its silly that I would sometimes be happier washing up with less worries and cash at the end of the week. 
Above is the tulle on my machine table being made into an underskirt.