Sunday 5 April 2020

Wood Seat


Everyone is talking about isolation creation. We are at the end of week 2 of lockdown in the UK due to the Covid 19 pandemic. The idea of isolation - a quiet time to feel creative again, to slow down and get inspired, was a dream.
Being self employed means I couldn't just stop the way others have. I can't put myself on furlough and I'm in a limbo between half working and half taking a very much needed break. I've been running on empty for a while.

Taking just a few moments to photograph things I find beautiful, makes me feel motivated to create new work again. Maybe once I've done my jobs I'll treat myself to more photographs.

Above is an old wooden seat made from a tree trunk. The grain is beautiful.
Photographed on Canon 5D 50mm f/22 - edited in Lightroom